Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Rice Pudding!

Last week, Jared bought a tub of our favorite rice pudding, and...I ate it all while he was gone. And then I felt really fat and guilty. So I decided to make a whole bunch of it from scratch to make it up to him.

So I made it last night. He ate a bowl of it, and...I ate the rest of it throughout the day today. And now I feel even fatter and very guilty. BUT! I now know how to make rice pudding!

It's delicious, warm or cold. In my opinion, it's way better than the stuff we -used to- buy! And, as I keep on saying, it's so much cheaper than buying it! And it's so much healthier because you can regulate how much sweetener goes into it, and you know exactly what your ingredients are- they're as quality as you thought to buy, so you know they're up to your standards. No mysteries, no fluff, no inflated cost because of the fancy packaging and the fact that it was shipped across the country.I'm never buying pudding again.

Here's the recipe I found, and I would highly recommend trying it out, and then altering it as you please! I added about 1/2 cup of flaked coconut to the rice as it was cooking, which smelled amazing. Almond milk in place of the milk and much less sugar will be my next alterations. (Also: I'm new to the pudding world, but I don't know just how important the egg is...it might come out just fine without it, and then with almond milk, it's vegan!) ....I just might make another batch tomorrow...
 http://allrecipes.com/recipe/creamy-rice-pudding/

I really, really want to suggest eating it warm as soon as you make it. So, sooo good.

No comments:

Post a Comment