Thursday, June 20, 2013

Pasta salad and more pasta

This is the best pasta salad ever: 
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/zesty-southern-pasta-and-bean-salad/

Last time I made it, Jared added a can of artichoke hearts, and it was so good! Olives are also a good addition.
Rather than buying italian dressing, I looked up a few recipes to make it from scratch, and both times I made it, I used different recipes...I didn't write either of them down, but they're basically olive oil, any type of vinegar you have on hand (balsamic is yummy), and a blend of spices, salt, pepper, etc. Use your instincts! Fresh herbs go a long way, I used both basil and parsley.

Also, I'm making this tonight: A squash/ricotta pasta bake. Like a lasagna, but new and exciting!
http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/pasta-recipes/squash-and-ricotta-pasta-bake
I love this guy.
I made his fried mushrooms last night, as an appetizer for some potato curry...oh gosh, okay, I'll make a new post for those. That would be the organized thing to do, wouldn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment